I live in Chelsea and was wondering what were the best sustainable or healthy restaurants were in my hood. I came across this article on ecocult.com that features the best 24 sustainable restaurants in New York City.
Here’s what I found…
- Westville Chelsea, 246 West 18th Street (between 7th Avenue & 8th Avenue) – Fresh produce & locally sourced meats lead the list of ingredients. Great food, great prices, exceptional service and unique tasting dishes. You just have to try the brussel sprouts! Even if you hate them, these are not your average sprouts. From the bar, definitely try the green-colored prosecco lemonade cocktail.
- Bareburger Chelsea on 8th Avenue serves American (Traditional) and organic and all-natural burgers and salads on 153 8th Avenue. Eco-minded Bareburger features lots of exotic burgers – duck, boar, elk, bison and more. The onion rings delicious and the meats are lean but well cooked.
- Dirty Bird To Go at 204 West 14th Street (and 7th Avenue.) is an organic fried chicken joint also offering rotisserie chicken. Homemade sides include rich and creamy mac n’ cheese and a buttery garlic kale. Thirsty? Try the watermelon lemonade.
- The Grey Dog located at 242 West 16th St (between 7th & 8th Avenues) is a homey cafe luring locals for coffee, eggs, sandwiches and salads with a coffeehouse chill atmosphere. Veggie burger, avocado toast, salmon/avocado salad, tofu wrap with spinach, portobello mushrooms and ginger, the Grey Dog club, seafood gumbo, the Grey Dog breakfast, mustard brussel sprouts are just a few of The Grey Dog’s amazing things.
- Blossom Du Jour located at 259 West 23rd Street near 8th Avenue specializes in health-conscious (Kosher, Local/Organic, Vegan, and Vegetarian) eats, with a juice bar and serves vegan American fare including gluten-free options. Little Italy sandwich with soy meatballs, grilled un-chicken sandwich, vegan butterfinger shake, Midtown Melt, Beet Burger and the Protein Bowl with marinated kale, quinoa, black beans, lemon un-chicken, guacamole and tahini dressing are just a few of their healthy yummies.
With all this outstanding food surrounding you, why wouldn’t you live in Chelsea? And if you’re searching for green apartments for rent in NYC, check out EOS NoMad over at 100 West 31st Street. EOS NoMad is a new, modern, eco-friendly and magnificent 47 story glass tower. Top notch amenities for exercising your body, mind and spirit. And the best foods are available just around the corner.